Thank you for visiting the website of the UCT Tax Unit for Fiscal Research. You are cordially invited to visit us, in person or through this site.
The Unit is the result of collaboration between the University of Cape Town’s Faculties of Law and Commerce, in cooperation with the IBFD. We aim to be Africa’s leading academic research unit in fiscal matters, complementing the high quality education in the field of taxation offered at UCT.
The Unit's vision is:
- To be Africa’s leading academic research unit in fiscal matters.
- To draw on global knowledge and research networks in developing fiscal knowledge for the benefit of developing countries, particularly the African continent and South Africa.
- To provide a globally recognised platform for engagement in fiscal matters, with an emphasis on a developing country / BRICS context.
- To maximise UCT’s existing research and teaching capacity in the field of taxation.
- To develop and retain African expertise within Africa.